|Metro Wi-Fi Solutions
The local area network (LAN) revolutionized the way business was done,
and the Wireless LAN (WLAN) has moved mobile computing to the next
level. Now another big shift is coming - to last-mile broadband
internet access and services.
The primary benefit of Metro Wi-Fi is to improve communication
services in metropolitan areas and create a competitive environment
for broadband services. For city governments and VARs that help these
municipalities build and manage wireless networks, Metro Wi-Fi can
open a wide range of opportunities.
Similar to ad hoc networks, these systems enable each user node to
provide host functionalities and facilitate higher-level routing
functions. Market trends are driving an increase in the breadth of new
wide-area wireless technologies. The benefits to municipalities
include but are not limited to:
- Reduction of Telecommunications
- Focus on continuous connections
rather than partitioned hot spots.
- Reduction in opportunity cost due
to better utilization of municipal employees
- New sources of revenue for cities
- Scalable and cost-efficient
- Increased reliability
- Broadband access for low-income
- Elimination of bottle necks
- Support for mobile applications
- Self-healing features (multiple
paths through the network increase hardware redundancy)
- Support of the 4900Ghz Public
- Elimination of wired security
constraints by supporting permanent and temporary wireless
TESSCO delivers several different
options for your Metro Wi-Fi needs.